About to Graduate?
The COE Office of Field Experiences offers a comprehensive list of resources for employment opportunities. Do yourself a favor and check out their website.
The U.S. Department of Education launched a new website on as part of Education Nation on NBC to bring together a variety of resources for those interested in a teaching career including links to teacher prep programs and job listings. Currently info about the prep programs is being pulled from national databases, but school districts can post their job openings. See TEACH.org
Teacher Licensure in other states
- The National Teacher Recruitment Clearinghouse website is a great place to investigate teaching opportunities and licensure procedures in other states.
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness - There are several programs in place to assist teachers with paying off student loans. There are even a few programs that will forgive the loan in part or completely. Follow the link for more specific information.
- In January 2011, a new financial aid program will be available for teachers and those working for non profits which may reduce their loan repayments. It is called Income Based Repayment.
- McNair Scholars Program - Are you from a family where neither parent has a bachelor's degree and you do qualify for financial aid? Or, are you African American, Hispanic/Latino, or American Indian/Alaskan Native?' If you fit any of these categories, consider applying for the University of Nevada , Reno McNair Scholars Program! Selected juniors and seniors students will receive the support needed to enter doctoral programs that will lead to careers in teaching, research, or administration on college and university campuses. (775) 784-6044.
- Pi Lambda Theta is the professional organization for teachers. There may be employment opportunities available on their website.
- Undergraduates applying for graduation can get information and the application by following the link provided.