For New Students
The first year of college is confusing! The following are links that you may find useful. Let us know if there are others we should add, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UNEA Student Association
The University of Nevada Education Student Association is an organization for all UNR students, with particular relevance for majors and pre-majors in education. The UNEA organizes professional and social events for its members. Meetings are held regularly. More information can be found in the Learning and Resource Center in room 1021 of the Raggio Building.
- Freshman Start
Freshman Start is a program for incoming freshmen who need to take MATH 096, ENG 098 and/or ENG 100 or need help with placement in required English and Math courses.
- University Core Curriculum
All University students take the Core Curriculum. The courses in the Core provide you with a broad based and well-rounded education. The link takes you to detailed information about the Core and the required courses in each area.
- New Student FAQ's
Have questions? Check out the list of questions about the College of Education that are frequently asked by new and prospective students.
- About to Graduate?
Useful resources and information for seniors who are taking the leap from college to the workforce.
College Success Links
- University Libraries/Knowledge Center
- Academic Advisement/Advising Center
- Academic Support Services/Tutoring
- Grade Point Average Calculator
- How to Graduate in 4 Years
- Information Technology for the University
- Learning & Resource Center
- Low Income and First Generation Academic Support
- Math Center
- McNair Scholars Program
- Self-Help Checklist
- Writing Center
- Time Management Worksheet
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1 (800) 273-8255
Hope Line Network: 1 (800) 784-2433
University after hours crisis cell phone: (775) 297-8315
Student Support Programs
- Center for Student Cultural Diversity
- Disability Resource Center
- International Students and Scholars
- TRIO Scholars / McNair Program
- Child and Family Research Center
- Veteran Services