For Washoe County School District Only
This process is required by Washoe County School District only for all students seeking field experiences in their schools and those University employees supervising them in the field.
Once your ID has been scanned and you have filled out the appropriate Volunteer form, your information will be valid for 1 school year (August through June).
- What: ID Scanning
- When: first 2-weeks of the fall and spring semesters
- Where: Office of Field Experiences - WRB, room 2004 ****CHANGE- it is with your professor for now****
- Who: Anyone desiring placement in Washoe County School District
- Why: Because they say so!
- How: Follow the instructions below
The College School Volunteer Application must be updated every school year (Fall - Spring). The form must be filled out and scanned within the first three weeks of each semester at the Office of Field Experiences. If you know you will be doing any practicum within WCSD, GET SCANNED. Even if you do have a placement within the first three weeks.
- ID scanning does not have to be done in order for you to register. If you cannot register, please contact your advisor.
- ID scanning must be done within the first three weeks of the fall or spring semester or you will not be allowed out in the schools.
- Your entire class will come for ID scanning at the same time.
- Please bring the following information with you.
- University Student Volunteer packet. ALL forms must be turned in and completed in dark blue or black ink only. Our office will not have copies to hand out.
- Bring your original Government issued photo ID (driver's license, military ID, or passport). Take it out of your wallet and have it in your hand.
- Please browse through the University Practicum Packet that includes additional information for your practicum and volunteering experience.
University Faculty & Staff