Computer Lab User Policy
There are many requests to use the College of Education Main Computer Lab for instructional purposes. These requests come from a variety of sources, some from within the University System and some from outside the System.
Whenever scheduling is possible, the College of Education Main Computer Lab will be made available free of charge for University users for occasional use. If regular or frequent University uses are scheduled in the Main Lab, however, instructors should institute a lab fee to be paid by students when registering for the class. This lab fee will then be paid directly to the COE main computer lab account. Contact the CEP Chair to determine the current class lab fee.
Requests from outside the University system will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Faculty Main Computer Lab Manager and approved by the Dean or his designee. Rental fees will be charged for all approved requests.
All requests to use the lab should begin with the faculty lab manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All formal requests must be made at least three weeks in advance. Reserve the lab online.
- If scheduled, all users must arrange for a lab orientation session to be held before the first scheduled use takes place. This orientation session can be arranged only with the student College of Education Main Computer Lab manager at (775) 327-5280.
- All users must sign the Main Computer Lab Users Agreement, in which they will certify that they will abide by University Computing Policies and will not add or remove software on lab computers or the lab network without the advance consent of the faculty and student lab managers.
- There must be an official College of Education Main Computer Lab proctor present at all times during computer use. If a proctor has been scheduled to work at the time the lab will be used, there will be no charge to the users for his/her services. If not, the CAMPUS user will need to directly pay the computer lab account (contact the CEP's Office at (775) 784-6637) at the proctor's regular rate of pay. NON-CAMPUS users will pay the proctor directly.
If the use is approved by the faculty main computer lab manager and the Dean of the College of Education, it will be the responsibility of the user to contact the student lab manager at (775) 327-5280 to attempt to arrange to have an official student proctor work during the time the user is scheduled. If no proctor is willing to work, the user will be allowed to use the lab only while an official proctor is on duty.
- Users will be scheduled according to the following priority:
|Priority ||User ||Fee |
|1 ||COE Faculty/Staff ||None for occasional use, lab fee for regular, class use; regular hourly pay made directly to official student proctor if not on duty. |
|2 ||Non-COE University Faculty ||Same |
|3 ||Non-COE University Staff ||Same |
|4 ||Non-University Non-Profit ||Same |
|5 ||Non-University Profit ||$1,000 per day |