Electronics and Circuits Exam
Download an electronics and circuits sample exam for review.
Examiner: Dr. Xiaoshan Zhu, email@example.com
The exam topics are covered in most texts for a first course in circuit analysis with active devices. Examples of suitable texts are:
- Electronic Circuit Analysis and Design, 4th Edition, D.A. Neamen, McGraw-Hill, 2009.
- R. Jaeger and N. Blalock, Microelectronic Circuit Design, 2ndEdition, McGraw-Hill, 2004
- The duration of the exam is three hours.
- The exam is closed book (a calculator can be used), and one page of equations is allowed.
- The student will be asked to solve 5~7 questions.
The exam questions will cover the following topics:
- Thevenin/Norton, KVL, KCL
- Semiconductor properties
- Diodes and diode circuits
- BJT and BJT circuits with emphasis on analog behavior (e.g., CE, CB, CC and their small signal circuits)
- MOSFET and MOSFET circuits with coverage of both amplifier design and analysis and CMOS digital circuit design and analysis (e.g. CS, CG, CD and their small signal circuits)
- Differential amplifiers, current sources and mirrors, and output stages
- Frequency response of active devices
- Feedback theory
- Operational amplifier and its applications (e.g. non-ideal parameters of Op-amp, bode plot of non-inverting or inverting operational amplifier, schmitt trigger, active filter, comparator)
- Fundamental of digital electronics (e.g. logic gates using BJT and CMOS)