Examiner: Dr. Mehdi Etezadi-Amoli, firstname.lastname@example.org
The exam topics are covered in most texts for a course on microprocessors. Examples of suitable texts are:
- John F. Wakerly, DIGITAL DESIGN: Principles & Practices, 3rd Edition, Prentice-Hall, Inc. 2001.
- I. Scott MacKenzie, The 8051 Microcontroller, 3rd Ed., Prentice Hall, Inc., 1999.
- The duration of the exam is three hours.
- The exam is open book/open notes, but it must be completed without consulting any other person.
The exam covers combinational logic, flip-flops, architecture for a selected microcomputer, memory and I/O decoding, timing, interrupt controllers, microcontrollers. Specifically, they are:
- Combinational logic analysis and design
- Sequential logic analysis and design
- State machine design and analysis
- Logic minimization algorithms
- Block diagrams to represent a system's main modules and their interconnections
- Assembly language programming
- I/O interface