skip to main content

Graduate Fellowships and Assistantships

The Electrical and Biomedical Engineering Department has a number of teaching assistantships and research assistantships as well as two scholarships that support graduate students in electrical engineering.

Prospective students are encouraged to apply for one or more of these assistantships. In recognition of the role of of the University of Nevada, Reno as a land-grant university serving the state of Nevada, priority will be given to qualified Nevada residents: research assistantships will be advertised together with the name of a designated contact person or sponsor, as they become available.


Dickinson Fellowship

Turner Fellowship

  • Residency: Nevada resident or U.S. citizen
  • Degree sought: M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
  • Minimum GPA: n/a
  • How to apply: Turner Fellowship Application


Teaching Assistantships

Research Assistantships

The Graduate School website provides complete details on assistantship eligibility and benefits.

Take the next step...