News and Announcements
- Congratulations to Dr. Banmali Rawat, who was named the recipient of the IEEE Region-6 Central Area Outstanding Leadership and Professional Service Award for 2014
- Congratulations to Dr. Banmali Rawat, who was named the recipient of the first Aditya Vikra Birla Chair -- 2013 of Aditya Birla Training & Research Center, India, for oustanding contribution in Acadmics and Research.
- Congratulations to Drs. Yantao Shen and Xiaoshan Zhu who were awarded promotion and tenure.
- Congratulations to Dr. Mehdi Etezadi, who is part of the Solar Energy-Water-Environment nexus group that received $23 million in funding from the National Science Foundation and Nevada System of Higher Education.
- Congratulations to Dr. Andrzej Trzynadlowski, who has earned IEEE Fellow Membership
- Congratulations to Dr. Mehdi Etezadi, who was given an Award of Recognition for 10 years of service from the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
- Congratulations to Dr. Xiaoshan Zhu, who is part of a five-person team receiving a $10 million grant to establish a Center of Biomedical Excellence in Integrative Neuroscience.
- Congratulations to Sam Breen, Dylan Cockerham George Jensen, Mike Scharosch, and CJ Uber, whose senior design project CodeLock won 1st place in the Technical Paper Competition and 2nd place in the Design Competition at IEEE Region 6 competition.
- Congratulations to Sarah Hardage, Matt Hermansen, Ben Hutchins, Cory Poulin and Matt Tanner, whose senior design project Dynamic Acoustics won 2nd place in the Technical Paper Competition and 1st place in the Design Competition at IEEE Region 6 competition.
- Congratulations to Erik Chalko and Cliff Uber for winning 3rd place in the IEEE Region 6 Micro-Mouse Competition.
12/15/2015 • Mike Wolterbeek
Department of Electrical and Biomedical Engineering Associate Professor Yantao Shen developing a hand-worn robotic device that will help millions of blind and visually impaired people navigate or assist in their ability to pre-locate, pre-sense and grasp an object.
6/23/2015 • Annie Conway
Students and faculty represent University of Nevada, Reno at National and Capitol Hill Maker Faire
6/4/2015 • Matthew Ravaglioli
Majidi awarded and recognized as the 2015 Outstanding Graduate Student Researcher.
5/14/2015 • Roseann Keegan
Names of outstanding teaching, research honorees to be engraved in the University’s granite pillars.
4/30/2015 • Mike Wolterbeek
Senior Capstone Innovation Day showcases engineering design course projects Friday, May 1
4/21/2015 • Staff Report
Banmali's Rawat's honorary position at a top Indian technical school will enable international collaboration and research.
3/20/2015 • Jane Tors
University of Nevada, Reno earns four graduate school, 23 graduate program rankings.
9/2/2014 • Mike Wolterbeek
The University of Nevada, Reno has established a new research and development partnership with Flirtey, a commercial delivery, unmanned-aerial-vehicle start-up company.
6/20/2014 • Mike Wolterbeek
Local high school students launched bottle rockets, learned about aeronautics, propulsion and robotics; and piloted baby drones in the first ever engineering UAS summer camp.
5/28/2014 • Mike Wolterbeek
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Biomedical Engineering Yantao Shen has received a $418,802 National Science Foundation CAREER.
4/25/2014 • Patrick Harris
Reno middle schools visit University for engineering workshops and demonstrations.
4/24/2014 • Mike Wolterbeek
Fifty projects will be showcased in the Senior Capstone Innovation Day Friday, May 2 at the Lawlor Events Center.