Assistive Technology Computer Lab
The DRC Assistive Technology Computer Lab is located in the Thompson Building, Suite 100. Please note that the DRC computer lab is open to DRC students and to be used for educational purposes only.
Assistive Technology Software
- Adobe Acrobat Professional: Industry standard document reader and creator
- Dragon Dictate: Voice activated computer software for use on Macintosh computers
- Dragon Naturally Speaking: Voice activated computer software for use on PC computers
- Inspiration: Mind mapping software
- JAWS: Screen reading software
- TextAloud: TextAloud is a Windows based text to speech software and includes AT&T Natural Voices.
Assistive Technology Hardware
- VisioDesktop: A CCTV video magnifier to enlarge printed material
- Frog Pad: One handed keyboard for single hand access to a full keyboard. Both left and right handed versions available
- HeadMouse: Hands free optical mouse
- Pictures in a Flash: Provides tactile representation of graphic material
DRC Assistive Technology printed brochures are available in the DRC Office.