Alternative Testing Services
This program provides eligible students testing accommodations that may include a quiet testing environment, extended time, a scribe, word processor or other assistive technology. Accommodations are prescribed on an individual basis per semester per class. To determine eligibility for alternative testing a student needs to schedule an appointment with one of the DRC counselors prior to the beginning of each semester.
Steps for Receiving Alternative Testing Services
In an effort to providing you with a successful alternative testing experience please read and refer to the guidelines below throughout the semester:
Step 1: Talk to your Instructor
- Meet with your instructors to discuss the course curriculum and format of exams. This allows you and instructor to decide what will work best for their particular course. They may choose to proctor the exams within the department or they may want the DRC to provide proctoring services.
- Make sure instructors complete and sign the proctoring form and return a copy to the DRC.
Step 2: Schedule your exams
- Make an appointment with the DRC Alternative Testing Coordinator to schedule all your exams for the semester. Bring your signed proctoring forms and calendar with exam dates for each class to this appointment. Note: Some syllabi will not have test dates on them. Please notify the DRC as soon as the exam dates are posted.
- If there is a conflict with the time or day of an exam (e.g. room availability at DRC, student schedule) an Alternative Testing Exam Reschedule Form must be completed, approved, and signed by the instructor before you take the exam. It is your responsibility to inform the DRC of any changes in test dates or times.
Step 3: Taking your exam
- No books, notes, back packs, hats, cell phones, computers, or headphones are allowed without written permission from the instructor.
- Use the restroom. No breaks will are given once you begin your exam.
- Be on time and ready for your exam. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for a scheduled exam you will not be allowed to take the exam in the DRC.
- The DRC strictly enforces the Academic Standards policy. If you are caught cheating, the instructor will be notified immediately.