The Disability Resource Center (DRC) offers a wide range of support services and accommodations for all undergraduate and graduate students with disabilities. Appropriate services are determined and provided based upon the impact of the student's disability and the academic requirements of the appropriate department, college, school or program.
The DRC provides accommodations and services tailored to the individual need(s) of each student. When appropriate, reasonable accommodations may include the following:
- Accommodation Counseling
- ACES Program
- Alternative Testing Services
- Alternative Media Service (textbooks and online/other material processing)
- Assistive Technology & Computer Lab
- Auxiliary Aid Request Form: (CART, Remote CART, Interpreter for the Deaf, TypeWell)
- Note-Taking Services
- Classroom Aids
- Classroom & Building/access
- Course Substitutions
- Faculty Liaison
- Furniture Placement: Accessible Furniture Request Form
- Math 019/119 (2 semester course equivalent to Math 120)
- Other Appropriate Services as Necessary
- Peer Mentor Project
- Reduced Course Load Policy
- Referrals to Campus and Community Services
- Registration Assistance
The university provides accessible accommodations for students with disabilities. Housing assignments are made on a space-available basis, early application is essential. Please contact the Department of Residential Life, Housing and Food Services (775) 784-1113, for additional information.
To obtain a university disabled parking permit, students must first get a disability placard through the Nevada State Department of Motor Vehicles. A copy of the placard may then be taken to the university Parking Services office. For more information, please call Parking Services: (775) 784-4654.