Diversity is at the core of our educational mission as a University. By creating opportunities for student learning that are directly related to a campus environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion, we become a better University - one that respects, supports and values all members of its diverse learning community. We are currently building a foundation that entails planning and programming that will help ensure that diversity, inclusivity and equity are woven into the life of our campus.
The Diversity Council, chaired by the Chief Diversity Officer, is comprised of members of the University campus who are responsible for diversity related programs. The Diversity Council's responsibilities include standardizing operating procedures, recommending training and educational programming, coordinating and promoting activities, and assessing the success of current programs and strategies.
Identify projects, programs, initiatives and other strategies for building an inclusive university community by:
- Improving campus climate
- Enhancing the recruitment and retention of students and faculty
- Strengthening inclusive curricular and co-curricular programs
- Improving learning environments
- Strengthening communication among diversity advocates
Who to contact?
- Chief Diversity Officer: Patricia Richard, firstname.lastname@example.org, (775) 784-4805