Questions? Contact Human Resources
- Submit a question
- Phone: (775) 784-6082
Information on Family Leave at the University of Nevada, Reno
Many university policies and procedures are dictated by the Board of Regents and the State of Nevada. Here are links to leave information at the state level:
- FMLA section in the Board of Regents Handbook: Board of Regents Handbook, Title 4, Chapter 3, Section 20 and Appendix
- The State of Nevada's Family and Medical Leave Act Overview
Human Resources information on leave benefits for different categories of employees. Each page includes information about the different kinds of leave employees are entitled to.
- Leave benefits for faculty
- Leave benefits for classified staff
- Leave benefits for postdoctoral staff
Forms related to FMLA and Parental Leave
Work and Family Task Force
FMLA Certification of Medical Provider for Family [PDF]
This form is completed by a health care provider to certify medical necessity for FMLA. Form for employee seeking FMLA for Family Members.
FMLA Request [PDF]
Use to request a leave of absence under Family Medical Leave Act guidelines. The section part of this form should be completed by Department.
Parental/Maternity Leave Information [PDF]
This form has information about parental and maternity leave benefits for staff.