The University of Nevada, Reno has several Diversity Committees focusing on campus-wide diversity initiatives. They are part of a structure for issues- and constituent-based action to ensure that many groups are working to create a diverse and welcoming campus climate.
Diversity committees include the following:
- Advocates and Allies for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Committee
- Committee on the Status of Women
- Cultural Diversity Committee
- International Activities Committee
- Stewards of Veterans Academic Success
- University Disabilities Advocacy Committee
- Work, Life, and Family Council
The University Diversity Committees are open to all faculty, staff and students who wish to volunteer to participate in a variety of new and established initiatives and program development opportunities. Membership meetings are normally held monthly Sept.-Dec. and Feb.-May during the academic year.
For more information, visit the committee webpages or contact the Office of the President.