Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Major: Chemistry
- Degree Level/Code:
Undergraduate/BS (Bachelor of Science)
- More Info: Chemistry Program Information
- Career Options: Chemists are trained to find creative solutions to real-world problems with a quantitative and deep theoretical understanding of the microscopic world and of the tools used to probe and manipulate it. A chemistry major is also excellent preparation for graduate study in medicine and the health professions, law, government policy, and applied science and engineering.
Chemistry Recommended First Semester Schedule
- CHEM 201 - General Chemistry for Scientists and Engineers I (4 units)
- MATH 181 - Calculus I (4 units)
- ENG 101 - Composition I (3 units)
- SCI 110 - First Year Experience I: Science and Mathematics (1 unit)
- Core Curriculum Social Science or Fine Arts (3 units)
OR CHEM 201 - General Chemistry for Scientists and Engineers I (4 units)
For detailed course description visit the course catalog.