The Center for Student Cultural Diversity at the University of Nevada is unique within the Nevada System of Higher Education & serves as a comprehensive intercultural office providing outreach & recruitment, retention support services & co-curricular programming for prospective & continuing students.
The Center serves all students, while placing emphasis on students that self-identify as African American, Asian American/Pacific Islander, American Indian, Hispanic/Latino, First-Generation, Income-qualified, Multiracial/Biracial & Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender (LGBT).
- Award-Winning College Life 101 Program - an intensive retention program with the following components: weekly check-in appointments, mid-semester progress reports, community service, free printing and an email listserve for important announcements
- Retention advising
- Financial management, including assistance with the financial aid process and forms
- Tribal funding assistance
- Academic planning and class scheduling
- Career and major exploration
- Information about free tutoring
- Personal Support
- Time management, goal setting and study skills training
- Computer lab, HDTV, Blu-ray, & video game lounge
- Clubs, student organizations and activities
- Multi ethnic and multilingual professional and student staff
- Supportive learning environment
- Referrals to valuable campus services