Black Culture Cooperative
The mission of University of Nevada's Black Culture Cooperative (BCC) is to increase the outreach, recruitment, retention and, ultimately, graduation rates of Black students. Our principle focus is creating a positive atmosphere for student learning in conjunction with facilitating regular social, educational and local outreach programs designed to raise student awareness, build community, and promote exploration of racial identity.
Explore below or visit The Center for Cultural Diversity today to learn more about the BCC's high-energy, high-impact clubs and organizations.
- Outreach to high schools and middle schools
- College Life 101 Retention Program
- Black History Month
- Black Graduates Celebration
- Black Youth Leadership Summit
- Black staff members
- Study space and Computer lab
- Assistance with selecting classes
- Assistance understanding financial aid requirements
- Academic support and referral (tutoring, advising etc.)
- Career advising and referral
Greek Letter Organizations
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated
- Lambda Phi Xi Multicultural Sorority Incorporated
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated Alumni Chapter
Clubs and Organizations
Motivated Extraordinary Noble M.E.N Of Distinction on the University of Nevada, Reno campus. Gentlemen that are here to serve our community, where it's needed.
An organization moving the student body and the community to make a change, one step at a time. Established by a self-motivated student Gregrette Perry, Sisters On a Move hopes to change young ladies lives in the Reno community.
Ambition Beauty Leadership Equality Women on the University of Nevada, Reno. Face of diversity for women to make a difference on campus and in the community.
We are College women guiding young girls in the Reno/Sparks area become successful in their pursuit of higher education. We also promote diversity, therefore, focus on encouraging minority youth of the Washoe County School District in attending college and achieving their goals to become responsible and positive contributing members of society.
Black and African American Links:
- Enrollment Trends Report Fall 2010
- BCC Production with Gospel Choir
- Black Graduate Student Association
- Black Alumni Association
For more information on the Black Culture Cooperative please contact Jody Lykes, M.A., at email@example.com