Computer Science and Engineering, Doctor of Philosophy Degree
Applicants to the Ph.D. program are expected to have a bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, or science and have minimum experience that includes the equivalent of the computer science minor. Exceptions to these criteria may be made for applicants who show exceptional promise.
Applicants should meet the following minimum requirements for admission:
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 for students with a master's degree
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.25 for students without a master's degree
- Combined GRE verbal and quantitative score of at least 301 (1100 in the old scale). Students who score below 152 (670 in the old scale) in the quantitative section will find it difficult to complete our graduate program and may not be eligible for graduate assistantships.
- TOEFL scores of 550 (old scale), if applying from a non-U.S. institution
- A one-page personal statement describing research interests and career goals
- Three letters of recommendation