Tips for Attending
This page is designed to give you a general sense of how to best enjoy commencement. If you would like details on times or meetings places for graduating students, please visit the Commencement Info page.
Parking is available in the Whalen and West Stadium parking garages, which are north and south of Lawlor Events Center (download map).
Another option is to park downtown and ride the free Sierra Spirit bus to campus. The closest stop is on Virginia Street near the Jot Travis Building.
As a service to students and their parents, a professional photographer will take a color photograph of each graduate as the scroll is received from the President. Order forms will be available during the Commencement ceremony, or at the ASUN Bookstore or the Office of Admissions and Records. There is no obligation to purchase.
Guests are welcome to take photographs of graduates and the ceremony.
- Make plans with your graduate – Finding graduates following the ceremony can be difficult in the crowd. It is recommended that guests make plans before the ceremony on a place to meet afterward.
- Be flexible – Times given for the recession are approximate. If graduation parties are planned following the commencement, be aware that the recession could be earlier or later than the scheduled time.
- Special Accommodations – Interpreters for the deaf will be present at the ceremony. Please follow the signs or ask a Student Ambassador for the location of the designated seating. If you require additional accommodations, please contact Kim Bonnenfant at (775) 682-5905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prohibited items – Alcohol is prohibited on campus during the commencement ceremony.
- All bags are subject to search – For safety reasons, all bags are subject to search by University Police.
For information regarding the area’s lodging, dining and entertainment go to Visit Reno Tahoe.
Gift ideas from the ASUN Bookstore
- Diploma frames – The bookstore offers exclusive diploma frames
- Alumni license plate frames – One of the bookstore’s most popular items is the “Alumni: University of Nevada” license plate frame
- Gift Certificates – For the hard-to-buy-for graduate, gift certificates can be purchased for any amount between $5 and $500
- High-Tech Gifts – Popular choices include video iPods and MacBooks
The Nevada Wolf Shop (Bookstore) is located on the Joe Crowley Student Union and selected items can be purchased online.