- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (775) 784-4960
- Fax: (775) 784-4764
- Mail Stop: 0388
- Ph.D. Metallurgy and Materials Science, University of Denver, 1976
- M.S. Mechanics and Materials Science, University of Illinois, Chicago, 1972
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University, 1967
- Metal hydrides
- Thermal energy storage
- Thin and thick film CVD deposition
- Vapor pressure measurements
- Phase diagrams
- M.S. Rahman, S. Divi, D. Chandra, and J. Daemen, "Effect of different salts on the corrosion properties of friction type A607 steel rock bolt in simulated concentrated water," Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, 23  665-673 (2008).
- A. Talekar, D. Chandra, R. Chellappa, J. Daemen, N. Tamura, and M. Kunz, "Oxidation kinetics of high strength low alloy steels at elevated temperatures,"Corrosion Science, 50  2804-2815 (2008).
- O. Palumbo, A. Paolone, R. Cantelli, and D. Chandra, "Lithium nitride as hydrogen storage material,"International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 33  3107-3110 (2008).
- D. Chandra, A. Sharma, R. Chellappa, W.N. Cathey, F.E. Lynch, R.E. Bowman, J.R. Wermer, and S.N. Paglieri, "Hydriding and structural characteristics of thermally cycled and cold-worked V-0.5 at.%C alloy,"Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 452  312-324 (2008).
- W.-M. Chien, J. Lamb, D. Chandra, A. Hug, J. Richardson, and E. Maxey, "Phase evolution of Li2ND, LiD and LiND2 in hydriding/dehydriding of Li3N,"Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 446-447 (2007) 463-367.
- R.S. Chellappa, D. Chandra, M. Somayazulu, S.A. Gramsch, and R.J. Hemley, "Pressure-induced phase transitions in LiNH2," Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 111  10785-10789 (2007).
- A. Hug, R.W. Richardson, E.R. Maxey, D. Chandra, and W.-M. Chien, "Structural studies of deuteration and dedeuteration of Li3N by use of in situ neutron diffraction," Journal of Physical Chemistry C,111  10712-10717 (2007).
- A. Hug, J.W. Richardson, E.R. Maxey, D. Chandra, and W.-M. Chien, "Structural studies of Li3N using neutron powder diffraction,"Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 436 [1-2] 256-260 (2007).
- R.S. Chellappa, D. Chandra, S.A. Gramsch, R.J. Hemley, J.-F. Lin, and Y. Song, "Pressure-induced phase transformations in LiAlH4," Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 110  11088-11097 (2006).
- D. Chandra, J.J. Reilly, and R. Chellappa, "Metal hydrides for vehicular applications: the state of the art,"JOM, 58  26-32 (2006).
- S. Divi, R. Chellappa, and D. Chandra, "Heat capacity measurement of organic thermal energy storage materials," Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, 38  1312-1326 (2006).