- More Info: Visit the general course catalog
Chemical engineering emphasizes physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology and creativity to solve important societal problems, from developing new pharmaceuticals safely and efficiently to creating clean and inexpensive fuels for energy conservation and pollution prevention.
In addition to gaining a strong foundation in chemical engineering, our undergraduates specialize in one of the following areas:
- Biomedical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Extractive metallurgy
- Materials science and engineering
- Process and energy engineering
A major area of focus within chemical engineering is renewable energy, and students in our department have the chance to learn from and work with faculty who are leaders in the field of renewable energy. Faculty also have expertise in materials science and biomedical engineering.
Our degree programs provide both breadth of knowledge within chemical engineering and depth of knowledge in a particular area, allowing our graduates to be versatile on the job market or preparing them for success in further studies.
Related Degrees and Programs
- Chemical Engineering, Bachelor of Science Degree
- Chemical Engineering, Master of Science Degree
- Chemical Engineering, Doctor of Philosophy Degree
Contact Chemical and Materials Engineering
|Location||Paul Laxalt Mineral Engineering|
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557