Degrees and Programs
Chemical engineers apply the basic principles of chemistry, physics, biology, mathematics and related engineering disciplines to the production of goods and materials for society.
- Chemical Engineering, Bachelor of Science Degree [BS]
- Chemical Engineering, Master of Science Degree [MS]
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering [Ph.D.]
Materials science and engineering includes elements from a variety of engineering disciplines. Graduating students are at the forefront of developing and testing materials that can stand up to extreme environments or outperform existing materials. Students utilize state-of-the-art characterization tools such as chromatographs, electron microscopes, and spectrometers to study these materials.
- Materials Science and Engineering, Minor [Undergraduate Minor]
- Materials Science and Engineering, Bachelor of Science Degree [BS]
- Materials Science and Engineering, Master of Science Degree [MS]
- Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering [Ph.D.]
Prepare for a career in batteries and energy storage technologies with the interdisciplinary minor at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Batteries and Energy Storage Technologies Minor [Undergraduate Minor]
This minor is open to all students in an engineering degree program except students in the Extractive Metallurgy emphasis of the B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering program.
- Extractive Metallurgy, Minor [Undergraduate Minor]
The interdisciplinary program in nanotechnology is open to all students, although it is geared towards students in engineering and science fields who seek specialization in the science and technology of processes, systems, and phenomena that occur at the nanometer size scale.
- Nanotechnology, Minor [Undergraduate Minor]
The objective of these interdisciplinary programs is to provide students with technical skills, economic and political background, and analysis and design skills that will help them to better apply the knowledge gained in their major field of student to the nationally important issues of alternative and renewable energy.