Announcements and Events
- Congratulations to Hongfei Lin, who was awarded an NSF grant for his project entitled "Sustainable Biofuels Production from Drought-Tolerant Bioenergy Crops in Marginal Environment" in the amount of $299,950.
- Congratulations to Dev Chidambaram for winning a Faculty Excellence Award from the College of Engineering.
- Congratulations to Toufiq Reza, who was awarded the University's Outstanding Graduate Student Researcher award.
- Congratulations to Emily Truong, who won the department's Outstanding Senior Award, and Nolan Mischel, who won the department's Outstanding Service Award.
- Congratulations to Dhanesh Chandra, professor of materials science and engineering, who has been named a Foundation Professor for 2013.
- Some of our excellent graduate students were honored by the University's Graduate Student Association during their 2013 Spring Awards Program. Three of our Ph.D. students in chemical engineering won a total of eight awards this year.
- Joan Lynam was awarded: Outstanding Graduate Student, Poster -- 1st Place, Research Grant Award
- Toufiq Reza was awarded: Outstanding International Graduate Student, Poster -- 1st Place, Outstanding Graduate Student Researcher
- Helal Uddin was awarded: Outstanding International Graduate Student, Presentation -- 3rd Place
- Charles Coronella, associate professor of chemical engineering, has been awarded the Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Alternative Energy Technology. Dr. Coronella will spend the 2013-2014 academic year at Sweden's Chalmers University.
- Congratulations to Musheng Alishahi for winning second place in the AIChE Paper Competition.
- Congratulations to chemical engineering major Steven DelaCruz, who has been awarded both an Udall and Goldwater scholarship for 2013-2014.
- Congratulations to Dev Chidambaram, assistant professor of materials science and engineering, who has been granted promotion and tenure.
- Dev Chidambaram, assistant professor of materials science and engineering, was featured on KTVN News' "Someone 2 Know."
- Renewable energy research by chemical engineers Alan Fuchs and Charles Coronella was highlighted in a KTVN News article on the University's online renewable energy program.
Chemical and Materials Engineering Advisory Board
The advisory board met April 19. Undergraduate and graduate students shared their research and received feed back from the board. The board provided input on the department's programs and curricula.