Admission to the graduate programs is competitive; a limited number of applicants are accepted each year. To be considered, all applications must be complete. Please note that the Graduate School, which has to approve all applicants, has its own deadlines and regulations. Students are expected to know these and meet and follow them. Visit the Graduate School online at unr.edu/grad.
The application deadline is March 31 for admission in the following fall semester. Admission decisions are made by a departmental selection committee, usually by the end of April.
The application deadline is October 31 for admission the following spring semester. Admission decisions are made by a departmental selection committee, usually by the end of November.
- Undergraduate Requirements
- Declaration of Major/Change of Major/Dual Major/Dual Degree form [online form]
- Financial Aid Forms
- Minor Declaration/ Change of Minor [online form]
- Records and Registration Forms
- General Catalog
- Request for Core Curriculum Requirement Substitution/ DARS exception [online form]
- Request for Major/ College Substitution/ DARS exception [online form]
- For an overview of the recommended courses and schedule check the University's General Catalog
Political science has been called “the queen of the sciences”–the only major where one can obtain practical knowledge and at the same time gain insights into the great issues of our age.