Master of Music, Music Education
General Music Education Emphasis
This degree program is offered for candidates who are active music teachers. All Master of Music – Music Education degree candidates must submit a videotape or DVD of their teaching prior to admission into the program.
Since degree requirements and course offerings can change from year to year, consult the General Course Catalog for your appropriate school year's requirements and suggestions.
Candidates for all master's degrees in music should consult the current Music Department Handbook for information concerning auditions and placement, as well as proficiency examinations. Candidates must complete all Graduate School requirements for the master's degree.
Music Education Faculty
- A.G. McGrannahan, D.M.A. - Professor, Music Education
- Kate Pollard, M.M. - Lecturer, Coordinator - Music Education
Instrumental and Voice Faculty
Department of Music Graduate Programs of Study
- Master of Arts in Music History / Musicology
- Master of Music in Instrumental Performance
- Master of Music in Vocal Performance
- Master of Music in Orchestral Career Studies
- Master of Music in Jazz & Improvisational Music
- Master of Music in Composition
- Master of Music in General Music Education
- Master of Music in Choral Music Education
- Master of Music in Instrumental Music Education