Master of Music
Degree Requirements (32 credits)
A Master of Music Degree in Collaborative Piano prepares pianists for performance and teaching with an emphasis on ensemble work. The student develops a strong background of skills and techniques that enable an immediate professional command of a wide spectrum of musical styles and traditions, from opera arias and art songs to chamber music to improvisational jazz. The goal is both artistic and practical, designed to give the student a comprehensive, applied understanding of musical traditions that is both artistically satisfying and vocationally competitive.
The master of music degree is available to students by audition. Recital performances will be auditioned before the department faculty.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate an advanced level of competency on the piano. Specific audition requirements are determined by individual instructors.
Since degree requirements and course offerings can change from year to year, consult the General Course Catalog for your appropriate school year's requirements and suggestions.
Department of Music Graduate Programs of Study
- Master of Arts in Music History / Musicology
- Master of Music in Instrumental Performance
- Master of Music in Vocal Performance
- Master of Music in Orchestral Career Studies
- Master of Music in Collaborative Piano
- Master of Music in Jazz & Improvisational Music
- Master of Music in Composition
- Master of Music in General Music Education
- Master of Music in Choral Music Education
- Master of Music in Instrumental Music Education