Preferred characteristics and expectations of instructors in the Core Humanities program include:
- demonstrated expertise in the subject matter taught in CH 201, 202, or 203.
- demonstrated effectiveness in helping students to improve the skills listed in the Learning Outcomes for each course.
- commitment to and enthusiasm for teaching in the humanities.
- ability to present complex material in clear and engaging ways.
- ability to create and maintain a positive classroom atmosphere based on mutual respect.
- ability to encourage expression of diverse viewpoints through discussion and debate.
- a record of providing timely, consistent, and effective feedback on student work.
Send a letter of application, a current resume, and 5–10 sample teaching evaluations (if available) to:
Greta de Jong, Director
Core Humanities Program / 151
University of Nevada
Reno, NV 89557-0151
Instructors are hired from a continuing pool of qualified applicants as the need arises. Applications for this pool are accepted at any time.
UNR is an EEO/AA employer.