Student Learning Outcomes
Students successfully completing the Core Humanities sequence at UNR will be able to:
- Express ideas clearly and persuasively, using relevant evidence to support their arguments.
- Analyze primary source texts with attention to content, historical and cultural context, and rhetorical techniques.
- Describe the historical forces that created modern, diverse human cultures and the ways societies and nations are interconnected.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the various modes of thought, interpretation, and analysis in the humanities and their uses for understanding contemporary issues.
- Articulate informed perspectives on major issues of our times as global citizens.