Student Learning Outcomes
Students successfully completing the Core Humanities sequence at UNR will be able to:
- Express ideas clearly and persuasively both orally and in writing, using relevant evidence to support their arguments.
- Read, interpret, and analyze primary source texts with attention to content, historical and cultural context, genre, and language.
- Analyze authors’ arguments by identifying perspectives, assumptions, strategies, and omissions.
- Describe the historical forces that created modern, diverse human cultures and the ways societies and nations are interconnected.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the various modes of thought, interpretation, and analysis in the humanities and their uses for understanding contemporary issues.
- Articulate informed perspectives on the major political and ideological debates of our times and participate in those debates as American and global citizens.