Student Learning Outcomes
Students successfully completing CH 203 at UNR will be able to:
- Express ideas clearly and persuasively, using relevant evidence to support their arguments. (CO1)
- Analyze primary source texts with attention to content, historical and cultural context, and rhetorical techniques. (CO3, CO5).
- Trace the sources and development of American intellectual traditions and cultural institutions, with attention to the diversity of experiences and voices that shaped the nation. (CO5, CO8)
- Identify how significant artistic and cultural movements as well as scientific and technological developments influenced Americans’ changing sense of themselves and their society. (CO5, CO8)
- Connect the beliefs, values, and actions of past generations of Americans to contemporary conditions in the United States. (CO5, CO8)
- Identify the historical origins, philosophical foundations, core principles, and evolution of the United States and Nevada Constitutions. (CO5, CO8)