Student Learning Outcomes
Students successfully completing CH 203 at UNR will be able to:
- Express ideas clearly and persuasively both orally and in writing, using relevant evidence to support their arguments.
- Read, interpret, and analyze primary source texts with attention to content, historical and cultural context, genre, and language.
- Analyze authors’ arguments by identifying perspectives, assumptions, strategies, and omissions.
- Trace the sources and development of American intellectual traditions and cultural institutions, with attention to the diversity of experiences and voices that shaped the nation.
- Identify how significant artistic and cultural movements as well as scientific and technological developments influenced Americans' changing sense of themselves and society.
- Connect the beliefs, values, and actions of past generations of Americans to contemporary conditions in the United States.
- Explain the historical origins, philosophical foundations, and core principles of the United States and Nevada Constitutions.