Master of Music
- In addition to fulfilling any and all Graduate School requirements, applicants to the M.M. Instrumental Program in Jazz & Improvisational Music must pass an audition for the program's faculty, either via tape or in person. Audition material is up to the discretion of the applicant, but should demonstrate both technical proficiency on the instrument and a high degree of improvisational ability and creativity. Original compositions are encouraged. Completion of this degree generally requires two years of study, which includes course work in music history and theory, private lessons, participation in ensembles, and two one-hour recitals. Recital programs should be planned in consultation with the student's advisor.
Jazz Performance Coursework
Since degree requirements and course offerings can change from year to year, consult the General Course Catalog for your appropriate school year's requirements and suggestions.
Department of Music Graduate Programs of Study
- Master of Arts in Music History / Musicology
- Master of Music in Choral Music Education
- Master of Music in Composition
- Master of Music in Conducting
- Master of Music in General Music Education
- Master of Music in Instrumental Music Education
- Master of Music in Instrumental Performance
- Master of Music in Jazz & Improvisational Music
- Master of Music in Orchestral Career Studies
- Master of Music in Vocal Performance