Incoming Freshman Chemistry Major Advising
Note: Most of this webpage applies only to freshman Chemistry majors. Other incoming freshmen should visit the Chemistry Course Advising webpage for course and placement information.
All incoming freshman students are automatically registered in courses based upon their declared major and test scores ("Advanced Registration"). The pre-assigned schedule can be modified when you meet with a chemistry advisor during your orientation program. If you are unable to attend orientation, review the information on the New Freshman Homepage.
Additional Advising Information
- Advising Summary for New Chemistry Majors: This pdf document contains information about recommended chemistry courses, math prerequisites, and gives suggested curriculum plans for completing your degree in four years.
- Chemistry Undergraduate Programs and Chemistry Degrees at the University.
- Chemistry Major's Handbook: Information about the department, degree options, and answers to frequently asked questions (including how to get started in undergraduate research). The chemistry curriculum information in the handbook includes recommended curriculum plans and schedules showing how to complete your degree in four years.
- Math placement information
- English placement information
- Advanced Placement information
- Course descriptions and University Chemistry course descriptions: These links give course descriptions and prerequisites.
- University of Nevada General Catalog: This gives the authoritative descriptions of degree programs and courses.
- Pre-Professional School Advising: Pre-professional advising information for post-graduate study in pharmacy, medicine, dentistry, law, etc. for College of Science students
- University Class Schedule: This shows when and where the classes meet.
- Transfer students:
Course transfer agreements with other institutions
Course transfer equivalency database
How to arrange an academic advising appointment
You can be advised in an office visit, by email, or by phone. To get started, contact:
- Professor Sarah Cummings, Chemistry Major Advisor (Room 123 Chemistry Building, 775-682-6457)
- Or contact the Chemistry Department Office, Room 213 Chemistry Building, 775-784-6041
How to register for classes
After you have received advising and registration authorization, register for your classes using MyNevada.