About the Department of Chemistry
Part of the College of Science at the University of Nevada, Reno, the Department of Chemistry conducts high-level scientific research and offers respected degree programs at all levels. The curriculum is designed to provide students with up-to-date training in the foundational sciences, including a core of courses in the chemical and physical sciences and mathematics as well as a range of areas of specialties.
Learn more about the department:
The Chemistry Department is active in both theoretical and experimental research in a wide range of fields. Research is conducted in state-of-the-art facilities at the University as well as through scientific collaborations at research centers across the country.
- Analytical and Materials Chemistry
- Bio-organic and Bio-inorganic Chemistry
- Computational and Theoretical Chemistry
- Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry
- Organic Synthesis and Mechanistic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry and Chemical Physics