Professor, Director of the Western Regional Superpave Center
- Ph.D., Arizona State University, 1987
- M.S., State University of New York at Buffalo, 1983
- B.Sc., State University of New York at Buffalo, 1982
- Pavement design and materials
- Pavement rehabilitation and maintenance
- Pavement management systems
- Structural evaluation of pavement systems
- Advanced pavement analysis
- In situ instrumentation
- Evaluation of structural properties of pavement materials
- Development of pavement life cycle analyses
- Development of specifications for pavement materials
- Development of relationships between material properties and long-term pavement performance
Other activities within engineering and teaching professions
- Member, ASCE, TRB, AAPT, ASTM
- Director of the Western Regional Superpave Center: one of five centers established by the Federal Highway Administration to support the implementation of the Superpave Technology
- Director of the Nevada Technology Transfer Center funder by Nevada DOT and FHWA
- Instruct numerous short courses and workshops on pavement materials, design, and performance
- CEE 375 Construction Materials
- CEE 431 Pavement Design
- CEE 732 Bituminous Materials and Mixtures
- CEE 733 Advanced Pavement Design
- CEE 734 Pavement Rehabilitation & Maintenance
- CEE 735 Pavement Management Systems
- P.E. Sebaaly, Fernandez, G.C., Hoffman, B., "Evaluation of Construction Techniques for Longitudinal Joints in HMA Pavements," Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, Volume 77, pp. 143-182, 2008.
- L. Loria, Sebaaly, P.E., Hajj, E., "Long-Term Performance of Reflective Cracking Mitigation Techniques in Nevada," Journal of the Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, TRR #2044, pp. 86-95, Washington, DC, 2007.
- P.E. Sebaaly, D. Little, E. Hajj, and A. Bhasin, "Impact of Lime and Liquid Anti-strip on the Properties of an Idaho Mixture," Journal of the Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, TRR #1998, pp. 65-74, Washington, DC, 2007.
- E. Hajj, R. Siddharthan, P.E. Sebaaly, and D. Weitzel, "Laboratory-based Unified Permanent Deformation Model for Hot Mix Asphalt Mixtures," ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Volume 35(3), pp. 272-280, 2007
- G. Bazi, P.E. Sebaaly, D. Weitzel, and M. Elicegui, "A laboratory Study of Construction Variability Impacts on Fatigue and Thermal Cracking Resistance of HMA Mixtures," International Journal of Pavements, Volume 5(1-2-3), pp. 37-49, 2006.