- Ph.D., University of Colorado Boulder, 2000
- M.S., University of Nevada, Reno, 1996
- B.S., University of Nevada, Reno, 1994
- Optimizing biological processes for the treatment of water and wastewater
- Development and testing of membrane bioreactor technology
- Novel water reuse strategies
- Bioremediation of acid mine drainage
- Microbial ecology in natural and engineered systems
- Biogeochemical reactions in the environment.
- Conducted or supervised microbial and water quality analyses in natural and engineered systems
- Developed reports and guidance documents for a variety of local and state organizations
- Funded research from NSF, U.S. EPA, DOE, NASA, USDA, and other state/local organizations
Other activities within engineering and teaching professions
- Editor - Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP) Newsletter
- Professional Engineer - State of Nevada #18671
- Coordinator for Environmental Engineering Explorations summer camp at University of Nevada, Reno
- Member of ASCE, AWWA, WEF, NWEA, AEESP, and AAEE
- Achilli, A., T.Y. Cath, E.A. Marchand, and A.E. Childress (2009). The Forward Osmosis Membrane Bioreactor: A Low Fouling Alternative to MBR Processes. Desalination, 239:10-21.
- Chavan, P.V., K.E. Dennett, E.A. Marchand, and M.S. Gustin (2007). Evaluation of small-scale constructed wetland for water quality and Hg transformation. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 149(3), 543-547.
- Gustin, M.S., P. Chavan, K.E. Dennett, S. Donaldson, E.A. Marchand, and G.C. Fernandez (2006). Use of Constructed Wetlands with Four Different Experimental Designs to Assess the Potential for Methyl and Total Hg Outputs. Appl. Geochem., 21(11): 2023-2035.
- Park, C. and E.A. Marchand (2006). Modelling Salinity Inhibition Effects During Biodegradation of Perchlorate. J. Appl. Microbiol., 101(1): 222-233.
- Whisman, N., D. York, L. Manning, J. Brant, R. Dyer, A. Childress, E.A. Marchand, J.D. Adams (2003) Probing Microplatform for the Study of Biological Adhesion Forces, Rev. Sci. Instrum., 74(10):4491-4494.
- Peccia, J.L., E.A. Marchand, J. Silverstein, and M.T. Hernandez (2000) Development and Application of Small-Subunit rRNA Probes for Assessment of Selected Thiobacillus Species and Members of the Genus Acidiphilium, Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 66:3065-3072.
- CEE 364 Engineering Hydrology
- CEE 453/653 Environmental Microbiology
- CEE 457/657 Design of Wastewater Treatment Processes
- CEE 751 Biological Unit Operations
- CEE 755 Industrial Waste Treatment
- CEE 771 Special Topics: Bioremediation