Research Assistant Professor, Large Scale Structures Laboratory Manager
- Ph.D., University of Nevada, Reno, 2002
- B.S., Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, 1996
- Servo-hydraulic control and simulation
- Seismic simulators
- Non-structural component seismic qualification testing
- Development of non-linear numerical simulation software
- Development of data acquisition and instrumentation systems and supporting software
- Development of new seismic simulation test equipment and control software
- Laboratory Manager of the Large Scale Structures Laboratory since 2002 and laboratory graduate research since 1995
- Installation and operation of multiple large-scale seismic shake table systems and support systems required for experimentation on large-scale specimens
- Extensive experience in real-time servo-hydraulic and digital control systems
- Involvement in development, design, installation, set-up, testing, and analysis of all laboratory research projects
- Thoen, Bradford K. , Laplace, Patrick N., Offline Tuning of Shake Tables, Proceedings, 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 2004.
- Laplace, Patrick N., Pekcan, Gokhan, Itani, Ahmad M., An Overview of Shake-Table Characteristics used for Seismic Qualification Testing, Proceedings, ATC-29-2, 2003.