- Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, 1995
- M.S.Env.E, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1990
- B.C.E., Georgia Institute of Technology, 1988
- Developing water supplies and designing water distribution and wastewater collection systems in developing countries
- Source water characterization and treatability studies
- Pilot-scale testing to remove arsenic from drinking water
- Implementing erosion control systems, including designing stable engineering channels and optimizing sediment trapping devices
- Designing wetland treatment systems for nutrient removal
- Optimizing physicochemical treatment processes used in water and wastewater treatment
- Consulting engineering for water and wastewater treatment
- Designed and operated pilot-scale treatment systems
- Conducted bench-scale treatability studies
Other activities within engineering and teaching professions
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Water Works Association
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors
- Water Environment Federation
- Nevada Water Environment Association
- CEE 367L Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- CEE 390 Fundamentals of Environmental Engineering
- CEE 404/604 Open Channel Flow
- CEE 413/613 Water Resources Engineering
- CEE 456/656 Design of Water Treatment Facilities
- CEE 457/657 Design of Wastewater Treatment Facilities
- Dennett, K., Chavan, P., Marchand, E., Spurkland, L., "Potential of Constructed Wetland in Reducing Total Nitrogen Loading into the Truckee River", Wetlands Ecology and Management (2008), 16: 189-197.
- Chavan, P., Dennett, K., "Wetland Simulation Model for Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Sediments Retention in Constructed Wetlands", Water, Air, and Soil Pollution (2008), 187: 109-118.
- Chavan, P., Dennett, K. E., Marchand, E., "Potential Use of Constructed Wetlands to Improve Water Quality from a Highly Polluted Creek", accepted in Journal of Environmental Research and Development, 2008.
- Chavan, P., Dennett, K. E., Marchand, E. A., "Efficacy of Constructed Wetlands in Removing Nutrients and Sediments under Varying Environmental Conditions", tentatively accepted for publication in Wetlands, 2008.
- Holloway, R., Childress, A. E., Dennett, K. E., Cath, T. Y., "Forward Osmosis for Concentration of Anaerobic Digester Centrate", Water Research, 41:17 (2007), 4005-4014.
- Chavan, P., Dennett, K. E., Marchand, E. A., Gustin, M. S., "Evaluation of Small-scale Constructed Wetland for Water Quality and Hg Transformation", Journal of Hazardous Materials, 149:3 (2007), 543-547.
- Mortensen, E., Cath, T., Brant, J., Dennett, K., Childress, A., "Evaluation of Membrane Processes for Reducing Total Dissolved Solids Discharged to the Truckee River", Journ. Environ. Engr., 133:12 (2007), 1136-1144.
- Gustin, M., Chavan, P., Dennett, K., Marchand, E., Donaldson, S., "Evaluation of Wetland Methyl Mercury Export as a Function of Experimental Manipulations", Journal of Environ. Qual., 35 (2006), 2352-2359.
- Gustin, M. S., Chavan, P., Dennett, K. E., Marchand, E. A., Fernandez, G. C., "Use of Constructed Wetlands with Four Different Experimental Designs to Assess the Potential for Methyl and Total Mercury Outputs", Applied Geochemistry, 21 (2006), 2023-2035.
- Stamenkovic, J., Gustin, M.S., and Dennett, K.E., "Net Methyl Mercury Production and Water Quality Improvements in Constructed Wetlands at Steamboat Creek, Nevada", Wetlands, 2005, 25, 748-457.