RAMIN MOTAMED, Ph.D.
University of Nevada, Reno
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering/0258
Reno, NV 89557-0258
T: (775) 784-6960
F: (775) 784-1390
address for express mailing:
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89557
Scrugham Engineering and Mines (SEM), Room 222
|2007||Ph.D.||University of Tokyo|
|2002||M.S.||Iran University of Science and Technology|
- Physical modeling in geotechnical earthquake engineering
- Shake table experiments on pile foundations and waterfront structures
- Liquefaction and laterally spreading grounds; mitigation measures
- Seismic hazard and site response analysis; micrometer measurements
- Strong ground motions and near-fault effects
- Train-induced ground vibrations and remedial measures
- Motamed, R., and Towhata, I. (2010) “Shaking table tests on pile groups behind quay wall model undergoing lateral spreading” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 136, (3), 477-489.
- Motamed, R., and Towhata, I. (2010) “Mitigation measures for pile groups behind quay wall models undergoing lateral flow of liquefied soil: shaking table results” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 30, (10), October 2010, 1043-1060. (listed as Top 25 Hottest Articles)
- Motamed, R., Sesov, V., Towhata, I., and Anh, N.T. (2010) “Experimental modelling of large pile groups in sloping ground subjected to liquefaction-induced lateral flow: 1-G shaking table tests” Soils and Foundations, Vol. 50, (2), 261-280.
- Motamed, R., Towhata, I., Honda, T., Yasuda, S., Tabata, K., and Nakazawa, H. (2009) “Behavior of pile group behind a sheet pile quay wall subjected to liquefaction-induced large ground deformation observed in shaking test in E-defense project"” Soils and Foundations ,Vol. 49, (3), 459-476.
- Motamed, R., Ghalandarzadeh, A., and Towhata, I. (2007) "Seismic microzonation and damage assessment of Bam City, Southeastern Iran". Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 11, (1), 93-115.
- Member, Northern California Chapter of Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI)
- Member, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI)
- Associate Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Member, Geotechnical Extreme Events Reconnaissance (GEER)
- Member, Japanese Geotechnical Society (JGS)