EMMANUEL “MANOS” MARAGAKIS, Ph.D.
Mail Stop 258 University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557
T: (775) 784-6937
F: (775) 784-1390
|1985||Ph.D||California Institute of Technology|
|1981||M.S.||California Institute of Technology|
|1980||B.Sc||National Technical University of Athens, Greece|
- Earthquake response of buildings and bridges
- Computer simulation
- Full-scale field and laboratory experimental research of bridges and their components
- Dynamic and earthquake response of railway bridges
- Fatigue analysis of railway bridge connections
- Underground piping systems
- Earthquake response of non-structural components
- Vlassis, A., Maragakis, M., Saiidi, M., “Experimental Evaluation of Longitudinal Seismic Performance of Bridge Restrainers at In-Span Hinges”, Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 32, No 2, March 2004, pp.96-105.
- Chen, Q., Douglas, B.M., Maragakis, E.A., Buckle, I.G., “Extraction of Hysteretic Properties of Seismically Isolated Bridges from Quick-Release Field Tests”, Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 31, February 2002, pp. 333-351.
- Meis, R., Maragakis, M., Siddharthan, R., “Static Axial Behavior of Some Typical Restrained and Unrestrained Pipe Joints”, Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 29(5), September 2001, pp. 485-491.
- Vlassis, A., Maragakis, M., Saiidi, M., “An Update on Analytical and Experimental Research on Bridge Restrainers”, Transportation Research Records No. 1770, pp.132-138, 2001.
- Maragakis, E., Douglas, B., Chen, Q., “Full-Scale Field Failure Tests of a Railway Bridge”, Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, September/October 2001, pp. 356-362.
|COURSE CODE||COURSE TITLE|
|CEE 243||Computer Programming for Civil Engineers|
|CEE 372||Strength of Materials|
|CEE 371||Mathematical Methods in Civil Engineering|
|CEE 381||Structural Analysis I|
|CEE 486/686||Structural Analysis II|
|CEE 704||Finite Element Analysis|
|CEE 723||Advanced Reinforced Concrete|
|CEE 724||Applied Elasticity|
|CEE 727||Matrix Methods in Structural Analysis|
|CEE 726||Theory of Plates and Shells|
- Member, ASCE, EERI, CUREE, NEES, AREMA
- Chair of TRB Committee AFF50 on the Seismic Design of Bridges
- Member of the control panel of ATC 58 for the development of experimental protocols for testing non-structural components.
- Member of AREMA committee 9 on the Seismic Response of Railway Bridges
- Chair of the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at the University of Nevada, Reno (1994-now)