V. Dean Adams, Ph.D.
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Mail Stop 258
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557
T: (775) 784-1474
F: (775) 784-1390
- Water Chemistry
- Lake and Reservoir Restoration
- Treatment and Land Application of Municipal Biosolids
- Sensitized Photooxidation of Recalcitrant Organic and Inorganic Contaminants
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Initial Engineering Model Development for Sulfate Reducing Bacteria Colonization Potential Related to Forward Contamination and Ecosynthesis. Proceedings of the 38th International Conference on Environmental Systems, Chicago, IL SAE Publication # 2008-01-1981, 2008 (with S. Gormly, E Marchand and B. Cannon).
- Proof of Concept Testing of Low Temperature Brine Microbial Habitats for Subsurface Mars and Europa Habitat Viability Scenario Testing and Astrobiology Biosignatures Instrument Development. 06ICES - 225, proceedings of the 36th International Conference on Environmental Systems (ICES), 2006. (with S. Gormly, E. Marchand, B. Cannon, and M. Flynn).
- Degradation of Ethylene Glycol in Photo Fenton Systems. Water Research 34: 2346 - 2354, 2000 (with B.D. McGeinnis, and E.J. Middlebrooks).
- Degradation of Ethylene Glycol in Fenton Systems. Chemosphere 45: 101 - 108, 2001 (with B.D. McGeinnis, and E.J. Middlebrooks).
- Carbon Adsorption and Air-stripping Removal of Methyl tertiary-Butyl Ether from River Water. Journal of Environmental Engineering, 813 - 823, Sept. 2002 (with M.J. Wilhelm, J.G. Curtis, and E.J. Middlebrooks).
|COURSE CODE||COURSE TITLE|
|CEE 388||Engineering Economy|
|CEE 417/617||Introduction to Environmental Quality and Analysis|
|CEE 750||Environmental Engineering Seminar|
|CEE 754||Unit Operations and Processes Laboratory|
- Councilor, Division of Environmental Chemistry
- Selected as the Senior Scholar Mentor for the Top Graduating Senior Scholar in the College of Engineering, 2005 and 2007
- Inducted into the Utah State University Alumni Hall of Honor, 2005
- 2004 Nevada Board of Regents' Academic Advising Award
- Utah State University 2008 Alumni Merit Citation Award
- Member of AAEE, ACS, AEESP, AWWA, IWA, NACADA, WEF