DAVID SANDERS, Ph.D.
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Mail Stop 258
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557
T: (775) 784-4288
F: (775) 784-1390
|1990||Ph.D||University of Texas at Austin|
|1986||M.S.||University of Texas at Austin|
|1984||B.Sc||Iowa State University|
- Behavior and design of structures with emphasis in bridges and connections
- Fiber Reinforced, High-Strength and Prestressed Concrete
- Seismic Evaluation, Analysis, Design, Strengthening and Repair, Experimental Testing with emphasis on Shake Table Testing
- Larkin, A.S, D. H. Sanders, and M.S. Saiidi, “Unbonded Prestressed Columns for Earthquake Resistance,” 2012 Structures Congress, Chicago, IL, March 29-31, 2012.
- H. Wibowo, D.M. Smith, I.G. Buckle, and D.H. Sanders, “Live Load Effects on Response of Bridges during Earthquakes,” 2012 Structures Congress, Chicago, IL, March 29-31, 2012.
- Levi, M.J., D.H. Sanders and I.G. Buckle, “Seismic Response of Columns in Horizontally Curved Bridges,” 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Lisbon Portugal, September 24-28, 2012.
- Saad, A. D.H. Sanders and I.G Buckle, “Effect of Rocking Foundations on Seismic behavior of Bridges with Different Horizontal Curvatures,” 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Lisbon Portugal, September 24-28, 2012.
- Moustafa, K.F, Sanders, D., Saiid, M.S., and El-Azazy, S., “Seismic Performance of Reinforced Concrete Bridge Bents,” American Concrete Institute, ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 108, No. 1, January-February 2011, pp 23-33.
- Cheng, Z.Y., M.S. Saiidi, and D. Sanders, “ Seismic Design Method for Reinforced Concrete Two-Way Hinges,” American Concrete Institute, ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 107, No. 5, September-October 2010, pp. 572-579.
- Gu, H., Y. Moslehy, D. Sanders, G. Song and Y L Mo, “Multi-functional smart aggregate-based structural health monitoring of circular reinforced concrete columns subjected to seismic excitations,” Smart Materials and Structures, Vol, 19, No. 6, May 2010, 7 pp.
- Yamashita, R. and Sanders, D., “Seismic Performance of Precast Unbonded Prestressed Concrete Columns,” American Concrete Institute, ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 106, No. 6, November-December 2009, pp. 821-830.
- Bahen, N. and Sanders, D; “Investigation of Strut Strength Using a Deep Beam Database,” Shear and Torsion in Concrete Structures, American Concrete Institute Special Publication SP-265-18, 2009, pp. 385-404.
- Johnson, N., M. Saiidi, and D. Sanders, “Nonlinear Earthquake Response Modeling of a Large-Scale Two-Span Concrete Bridge,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 14, No. 6, November 2009, pp. 460-471.
|COURSE CODE||COURSE TITLE|
|ENGR 100||Introduction to Engineering|
|CEE 372||Strength of Materials|
|CEE 480||Reinforced Concrete Design I|
|CEE 486/686||Reinforced Concrete Design II|
|CEE 481||Structural Steel Design|
|CEE 483/683||Prestressed Concrete|
|CEE 486/686||Reinforced Concrete II|
|CEE 722||Limit States Design in Steel and Concrete|
|CEE 723||Advanced Reinforced Concrete|
- Member, ASCE, EERI, CUREE, NEES
- ACI Technical Activities Committee, Member (2002-2010), Chair (2008-2010)
- Graduate Director, CEE department (2012-present)
- Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers (2010-present)
- Fellow, American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Elected Member of ACI Board of Directors (2010-2013)
- Elected Member of CUREE Board of Directors (2011-present)
- AISC (American Institute of Steel Construction) Partner in Education Committee
- Organizer US - Japan Bridge Workshop (2002-2012)
- ACI Fellow (00), Iowa State University Outstanding Young Alumnus (2000)
- Professional Progress in Engineering Award, Iowa State U. (2006)
- ASCE/AGC Student Chapter advisor, CEE, (1991-present)
- Senior Scholar Faculty Mentor (1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2006)
- CEE Faculty Appreciation Award (1995, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2007)