Zong Tian, Ph.D.
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Mail Stop 258 University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557
T: (775) 784-1232
F: (775) 784-1390
|2004||Ph.D.||Texas A&M University|
|1995||M.S.||University of Idaho|
|1986||M.S.||Northern Jiaotong University, China|
|1983||B.S.||Northern Jiaotong University, China|
Dr. Tian’s research focuses on various aspects of traffic engineering and intelligent transportation systems, including traffic signal system and operations, freeway ramp metering, integrated freeway/surface street system operations, highway capacity, video image system, and large-scale transportation network modeling.
- Tian, Z., Kyte, M., and Liu, H. (2009). Vehicle Tracking and Speed Measurement at Intersections Using Video-Detection Systems. ITE Journal, Vol. 79, No. 1, pp. 42-46.
- Tian, Z., Mangal, V., and Liu, H. (2008). Effectiveness of Lead-lag Phasing on Progression Bandwidth. Transportation Research Record 2080, pp. 22-27.
- Xu, F. and Tian, Z. (2008). Driver Behavior and Gap-acceptance Characteristics at Roundabouts in California. Transportation Research Record 2008, pp. 117-124.
- Cheng, D., Tian, Z., and Liu, H. (2008). Modeling Actuated Signal Controlled Intersection Capacity and Delay With Pedestrians. Accepted for publication in Transportation Research Record 2008, pp. 125-130.
- Chen, S., Liu, H., Tian, Z. and Hart, J. (2008). Surrogate Safety Assessment for a Tight Urban Diamond Interchange Using Micro-Simulation. Accepted for publication in Advances in Transportation Studies.
- Tian, Z., Abbas, M. (2007). Models for Quantitative Assessments of Video Detection System Impacts on Signalized Intersection Operations. Transportation Research Record 2035, pp. 50-58.
- Tian, Z., Urbanik, T., Gibby, R. (2007). Application of Diamond Interchange Control Strategies at Closely-spaced Intersections. Transportation Research Record 2035, pp. 32-39.
- Tian, Z. (2007). Modeling and Implementation of an Integrated Ramp Metering – Diamond Interchange Control System. Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology. Vol. 7, No.1, pp. 61-72.
- Tian, Z., Urbanik, T. (2007). System Partition Technique to Improve Signal Coordination and Progression. Journal of Transportation Engineering, ASCE, 133 (2), 119-128.
- Tian, Z. (2006). Ramp Metering and the Two-Capacity Phenomenon in Freeway Operations. Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology, 6(3), 11-20.
- Tian, Z., Kyte, M. (2006). Queue Length Models for All-way Stop-controlled Intersections. Transportation Research Record 1988, 63-66.
- Tian, Z., Urbanik, T. (2006). Green Extension and Traffic Detection Schemes at Signalized Intersections. Transportation Research Record 1978, 16-24.
- Zhou, H., Hagen, L., Lu, J., Tian, Z. (2006). Empirical Delay Models for Multi-lane Two-Way Stop-Controlled Intersections. ITE Journal, 76(9), 41-46.
- Tian, Z., Wu, N. (2006). Probabilistic Model for Signalized Intersection Capacity with a Short right-turn Lane. Journal of Transportation Engineering, ASCE, 132(3), 205-212.
- Tian, Z., Messer, C., Balke, K., Urbanik, T. (2005). Integration of Diamond Interchange and Ramp Metering Operations. Transportation Research Record, 1925, 101-111.
- Cheng, D., Tian, Z., and Messer, C. (2005). Development of an Improved Cycle Length Model over the HCM2000 Quick Estimation Method. Journal of Transportation Engineering, ASCE, 131 (12), 890-897.
- Tian, Z., Messer, C., and Balke, K. (2004). Modeling the Impact of Ramp Metering Queues on Diamond Interchange Operations, accepted for publication in Transportation Research Record 1867, 172-182.
|COURSE CODE||COURSE TITLE|
|CEE 338||Engineering Economy|
|CEE 389||Probability and Statistics|
|CEE 463/663||Traffic Engineering Analysis and Operations|
|CEE 761||Traffic Simulation|
|CEE 762||Math Applications in Transportation|
|CEE 763||Traffic Safety|
|CEE 764||Transportation Systems|
- Member of Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of Transportation Research, Part A.
- Member of the Highway Capacity and Quality of Service Committee of the Transportation Research Board.
- Editor of the Conference Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Traffic and Transportation Studies (ICTTS2004), China 2004.