The aim of The Center for Advanced Study is to recognize, facilitate and promote research and scholarship at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Recipients of the University of Nevada, Reno Outstanding Research Award will be invited to join The Center as Fellows.
- Fellows are elected for life.
- A majority of the Fellows will constitute a quorum. All decisions shall be by majority vote of those present.
- The executive officer of The Center shall be called the Director and be selected from among the Fellows by a majority vote of the Fellows.
- The term of office of the Director shall be two years.
- The Director shall take office beginning July 1.
- The election of the Director shall take place between March 15 and May 15.
C. Visiting Fellows
- Visiting Fellows are appointed by the Director after being nominated by one or more Fellows and approved by majority vote of the Fellows.
- The term of the Visiting Fellow may vary from two months to a year.