Campus Escort now offers a more efficient way for students to schedule and track their rides using a service called RideCell.
Students simply login into nevada.ridecell.com using their cell phone number and a password. After filling in the necessary information, a Campus Escort vehicle will be sent their way.
Last year alone, Campus Escort gave 36,000 rides and with RideCell's automated features it will decrease Campus Escort wait time and will allow students to schedule a ride without waiting on hold. In addition, the new service offers notifications when the driver is at the pick-up location, and allows students to track their van via GPS.
Students still have the option to call in at (775) 742-6808 for Campus Escort services. An automated system will help them set up a safe ride or they can bypass it and talk with a live dispatcher by pressing "0".
Step by Step to Request a Ride Online:
- Visit the Campus Escort website.
- Click on the blue button that says "Request a Ride Online."
- Enter your phone number to get started.
- Enter in your current location and your destination location. You may select from your previously requested locations.
- Enter in the number of passengers in your party and your phone number and click "submit request." You may also request a wheelchair accessible van.
- Your request will show up on the bottom of the screen under "Pending Requests."
- You will receive a call on the phone number you provided as soon as a driver has been assigned to pick you up. You may also receive a call back if you are not outside when we arrive, and another call back to let you know if you've missed your ride.
*To check the status of a pending request or cancel a request, please call Campus Escort (775) 742-6808 and press "0" to speak to a dispatcher.
*Once your request has been assigned to a driver, you can track your request on a GPS map online by clicking "Track Driver" in the Pending Request section.
To Request a Ride By Phone:
- Call Campus Escort at (775) 742-6808 during our service hours (7pm-1am until Daylight Savings Time; 5pm-1am after).
- If you are calling for the first time, our system will ask you if you are using a QWERTY keypad or a standard 9-digit keypad. Please enter your corresponding keypad type.
- The next menu will ask you to choose from the following:
- Check up on your current ride (if you've already requested one)
- Request one of your previous rides again
- Request a new ride
- Learn more about the automated system
- Talk to a dispatcher. If you are requesting one of your previous rides again:
- You will be given options to choose from based on what you have requested in the past.
- You will be given options to choose from your previously requested locations, or
- You may search for a location in our database by keying in the first few letters
- You will need to enter both the starting location and ending location.
- You will be asked to enter the number of passengers in your party
- You will be asked if your ride requires a wheelchair accessible vehicle
- At this point, our system will read your request back to you and you can make changes if necessary.
- You will receive a call back as soon as a driver has been assigned to pick you up. You may also receive a call back if you are not outside when we arrive, and another call back to let you know if you've missed your ride.
*To check the status of a pending request or to cancel a request, please call back and press '0' to speak with a dispatcher.