Purchasing Card Program
Error, Disputes, Returns & Credits
- JP MorganChase Customer Service Department:
7am-7pm CST Monday-Friday
- JP Morgan Chase Fraud Department 1-888-297-0778
Lost or Stolen PCards
- JP MorganChase
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- UNR PCard Team (775) 784-1203
Copy of Charge/Credit Slip
- JP MorganChase Customer Service Department
- 7am-7pm CST Monday-Friday
Purchasing Card Management Changes
University Purchasing Card Administrator
Robert Andrews - (775) 784-1203
Thank you for participating in the University of Nevada, Reno's PCard program. The PCard program is intended to reduce the costs associated with the procurement/buying process. Some of the advantages of the program include the following:
- Greater flexibility to be able to buy & procure competitively
- To improve vendor relationships
- Save money for the university
- Easier to purchase low dollar transactions.
To make this program successful for you and the university, the following are some of the guidelines we need every cardholder to follow:
- Each purchasing card transaction cannot exceed the preset limit. This amount is set between $1,999.99 and $4,999.99 including delivery, shipping, and/or special handling charges. Splitting a charge to not exceed the per item limit is considered a purchasing violation and may result in loss of PCard privileges.
- No personal purchases are allowed. Purchased items/services must be made for the use and benefit of the university.
- No State of Nevada sales tax should be charged to any purchases. UNR's Federal Tax ID Number is #886000024. Please see The State of Nevada Department of Taxation for additional information.
- Assure there is proper account coding of all expenses and sufficient budgeted funds are available in the account to be charged to cover the expenses.
- The business purpose for the purchase must be documented on the PCard statement that is forwarded to the PCard office for auditing..
- Return semi-monthly purchasing card statements with receipts to the PCard office (MS 124) within the specified time frames for each reporting period.
- Identify a contact person for each card who will edit the incoming PCard transactions via the PaymentNet System.
- Report all lost or stolen cards immediately to our processing bank JP MorganChase at 1-800-316-6056 and to the PCard Department (784-1203). The UNR police department may also need to be contacted at 784-4013.
Obtain original itemized receipts/invoices when making a purchase. The receipt must contain the following information:
- Business Name and Address
- Itemization of Purchase
- Total Amount Paid
- Date of Purchase
- Business Purpose may be written on the receipt