skip to main content

Academic Advising

CABNR Student Researchers

  • Change of Major Requests
  • Change of Minor Request
  • DARS Revisions
  • Appeal a grade
  • Grade Replacement form

Academic Advisors for CABNR Students The advisor / student relationship should be one of the most significant aspects of a students college experience.

Academic advisors provide essential guidance and will assist with course selection each semester. In addition, advisors offer valuable career information and often help students obtain useful practical experiences and may help establish professional contacts.

The department that offers the student's major has assigned a faculty advisor starting the student's first semester. If a student changes their major, they need to change to an advisor in the new major. If at any point a student decides that they need to change advisors, they should contact the assigned person for the major, and she/he will help make that change.

Summer 2015
During the summer CABNR Faculty Advisors are not available.
Please contact the CABNR Student Center for any questions regarding general advising or academic probation advising.

Juana Reynoza-Gomez, MA


CABNR Student Center Office

Please contact the following advisors if you are majoring in:
      Environmental Science,
      Forest Management & Ecology, or
      Wildlife Ecology & Conservation

Last Name A-L: Dr. Nancy or (775) 784-7069
Last Name M-Z: Julie Stoughton or (775) 784-1674
(Please note: email is best for both Markee & Stoughton during the summer.)

Fall 2015 CABNR is transitioning to professional academic advising for Freshman and Sophomores. Advising for Freshman and Sophomores will be centralized in the CABNR Student Center Office in Fleischmann Agriculture 236. Transfer students, Juniors and Seniors will be advised by Faculty Advisors. CABNR will have 5 semesters mandatory advising (year 1 as a Freshman, year 2 as a Sophomore and first semester of your Junior year. Transfer students will also have a mandatory advising hold during the first semester at the university. More information to follow.

It is the student's responsibility to contact their advisor if they are having difficulty with courses or course load. If something is causing a student to struggle in class (sickness, personal problems, or a learning disability), the student should contact the advisor and/or CABNR Student Center for assistance. Faculty advisors and students are encouraged to review courses and requirements early and often to avoid unnecessary frustration when problems are identified close to the anticipated semester of graduation. If a student has transfer credits, it is especially important to verify the credits as early as possible.

Take the next step...