Summer Study Opportunities
UNR, in partnership with Extended Studies & UNLV, is proud to offer these five incredible summer study programs. Courses focus on International Business, Management, Leadership and Humanities through combinations of online instruction, lectures, tours, and more! Toronto, Switzerland, New York and London are your potential points of destination. Attend the information session on Friday, October 23 at 4:30pm in AB 408A!
- Online Instruction: May 9-28, 2016
- Visit Toronto: May 29-June 4, 2016
- Cost: $2,195
- 3 credits - BUS 400 or BUS 600 (undergraduate or graduate students)
- Management Course, focusing on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Fee includes class credits, accommodations, local transportation, selected tours, course materials, special class event and concluding dinner
- Online Instruction: May 9 - June 9, 2016
- Visit New York: June 4-11, 2016
- Cost: $2,395 for double occupancy, $2,895 for single
- 3 credits - MGT 491 or BADM 729 (undergraduate or graduate students)
- Management science and humanities come together through exploration of museums, plays, films, galleries, readings and lectures
- Fee includes class credits, accommodations, course materials and five class meals
- Pre-trip Instruction: May 15-21, 2016
- Visit Switzerland: June 2-15, 2016
- Cost: $4,995
- 3 credits - MGT 491 or MGT 691 (undergraduate or graduate students)
- Management and International Business course, with the incredible opportunity to backpack across famous Gotthard Pass in the Swiss Alps!
- Study leadership in the economic heart of Europe while hiking several hours per day in a breathtaking environment
- Fee includes class credits, accommodations, local transportation, selected tours and course materials
London (Undergrad only):
- Visit London: June 11-July 8, 2016
- Cost: $5,995
- 6 credits (undergraduate students only)
- Two well-rounded courses on Global Management, Technology and Economic Policy, in one of the most fascinating cities in the world
- Classes meet daily from 8:15-10:15am and 10:30am-12:30pm
- Fee includes class credits, accommodations, course materials, and daily breakfast and dinner in the dining commons
London (MBA only):
- Online Instruction: May 9 - June 10, 2016
- Visit London: June 11-18, 2016
- Cost: $2,995
- 3 credits - BADM 791 (graduate students only)
- Learn about trade and commerce in the European Union, while exploring all that London has to offer
- Fee includes class credits, accommodations, local transportation for course related work, select tours, course materials, special class event and concluding dinner
Check out the respective links to find out more information, including itineraries, costs and accommodations. Don't forget: students are responsible for all flights, local travel not related to course work, passport and/or visa fees, personal sightseeing, incidental expenses, and all meals not covered through program fees. Students may choose to extend their stay at their own expense.
To enroll in courses, follow these steps:
- Visit MyNevada and go to "Student Center"
- Go to "Finances"
- Go to "Purchased Items"
- Select "Extended Studies Depost" for $500
For more information, attend our information session on Friday, February 19 at 5:00pm in AB 408A, or contact Jim McClenahan at email@example.com or (775)784-4852.
Hope to see you there!