BADM 710 | Financial Reporting and Analysis (3 credits)
Instructor: Jeffrey Wong, Ph.D., CPA, Associate Professor, Accounting and Information Systems
Examination of accounting and disclosure techniques and their impact on external financial reporting. Preparation, analysis and interpretation of financial reports.
- Foundation of basic financial statements
- Interpretation and analysis of the financial statements
- Using accounting information to make business decisions
- Development and use of critical thinking skills, problem solving and communication skills
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Interpret and analyze basic financial statements
- Use accounting information to make business decisions
- Understand basic financing, investing, and operating activities of a company
EMBA Learning Objectives and Outcomes
The overall learning objectives for the EMBA are a broad set of knowledge and skills we wish students to acquire and hone over the course of the program. Objectives represent the collective thought of the program’s faculty about the most valuable intellectual attributes of an executive at any point in his/her career.
The overall learning objectives form a central framework for the curriculum to which each course-specific set of objectives may be mapped, allowing courses to be woven together by common threads. Having a shared viewpoint of the educational content we wish to provide allows our faculty to continuously improve their courses, while maintaining a focus on the outcomes that are desired.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes Key:
- The ability to use evidence-based reasoning to understand, manage, and lead complex organizations.
- Development of skills that facilitate problem solving in a complex and dynamic environment.
- The ability to integrate qualitative and quantitative information into the decision making process.
Course specific mapping for BADM 710:
- Acquire an understanding of the relevance of financial accounting information to investors, creditors, analysts, and other participants in the capital market (L.O.: 2)
- Develop the ability to reflect the economic activity of an entity in the basic financial statements (L.O.: 2)
- Develop the ability to analyze elements of the financial statements and other disclosures to determine a firm’s liquidity, solvency, profitability and aspects of managerial effectiveness (L.O.: 3)
- Develop the ability to use and understand the importance of the time value of money (L.O.: 3)