BADM 701 | Production/Operations Management (3 credits)
Instructor: Ronald Lembke, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Managerial Sciences
Problems of manufacturing goods and services; production applications of linear programming, scheduling, quality control and materials management; CAD, CAM, multi-cultural and international issues.
- The strategic importance of operations for a company’s long-term success
- How manufacturing and service operations should be looked at to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Factors to consider in outsourcing decisions
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Assess and improve the quality of their company
- Make a forecast
- Decide how much inventory to order, and when
- Schedule production
- Create and solve a linear programing
EMBA Learning Objectives and Outcomes
The overall learning objectives for the EMBA are a broad set of knowledge and skills we wish students to acquire and hone over the course of the program. Objectives represent the collective thought of the program’s faculty about the most valuable intellectual attributes of an executive at any point in his/her career.
The overall learning objectives form a central framework for the curriculum to which each course-specific set of objectives may be mapped, allowing courses to be woven together by common threads. Having a shared viewpoint of the educational content we wish to provide allows our faculty to continuously improve their courses, while maintaining a focus on the outcomes that are desired.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes Key:
- The ability to use evidence-based reasoning to understand, manage, and lead complex organizations.
- Development of skills that facilitate problem solving in a complex and dynamic environment.
- The ability to integrate qualitative and quantitative information into the decision making process.
Course specific mapping for BADM 701:
- Acquire an understanding of the importance of operations in strategy (L.O.: 3)
- Develop the ability to forecast demand (L.O.: 2)
- Acquire an understanding of how to manage production, suppliers, outsourcing and the supply chain (L.O.: 2)
- Acquire an understanding of the importance of sustainability to operations (L.O.: 2)