Skip Site Navigation
Skip To Page Content

AACSB Accredited


The College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.

Get Our Newsletter


Find out what's going on at the College with our newsletter. More info here.

Contact Information

College of Business

Phone(775) 784-4912
Fax(775) 784-1773
Location Ansari Business Building
Address 1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-0024
Contact Contact Us

College of Business FAQ

Where is the Advising Center located?

Ansari Business Building Room 409.

Who is my advisor and how do I schedule an appointment?

If you are a Business pre-major or are considering declaring a Business major, you should see an advisor in the Advising Center. Please call (775) 784-4912 to schedule an appointment. You can email questions to

If you have declared a business major, you should meet with your designated faculty advisor. Please contact your faculty advisor to schedule an appointment.

Where can I get information about Business majors?

More information about Business majors is available here. See the University's General Catalog for specific degree requirements.

How do I declare my major?

You should make an appointment with an advisor in the Advising Center to declare a Business major or minor. Additional information about declaring a major or minor is available online.

If you would like to be a business major and your DARS report reflects another major, please contact the Advising Center to declare your business major.

What is a DARS and how do I make changes to my DARS?

DARS compares a student's course work, both Nevada and transfer, with the requirements of an academic degree program, and prepares a comprehensive report, or audit, which details the student's progress toward meeting those requirements. For more information, go to visit MyNEVADA.

You can access your current DARS through MyNEVADA.

If you need a correction or exception made to your DARS, please make an appointment with an advisor in the Advising Center.

How do I determine my catalog year?

Your requirements for graduation are based on your catalog year – the year in which you declared your College of Business major. You can find your catalog year on your DARS, available through MyNEVADA .

What math courses are required for Business majors?

All Business students must pass MATH 176 as a part of the pre-business core. Math Placement information is available from the Mathematics Center website.

My ACT/SAT score placed me in a lower English class than I believe is appropriate for me. Is there something I can do?

You can complete a placement evaluation or credit-by-exam (CBE) through the University's Core Writing Program.

How do I get into a class that is full?

Fill out an online Course Permission Request.

I completed my pre-business core course, but I didn't meet the 2.75 or above GPA requirement. What do I do now?

You may repeat up to four courses in the pre-business core in order to achieve the required 2.75. You may repeat one course four times, or four courses one time, or any other combination up to four repeats. You will not be able to declare your major until you complete or are very near completing the pre-business core.

How do I get into 300-level College of Business courses?

You must declare a College of Business major and have completed all of the pre-business core classes to be enrolled in 300 level business courses.

How do I get on the College of Business Dean’s List?

The Dean’s List is published once a semester. You must have 12 or more credits in the semester with a GPA of 3.50 or above.

How do I access Business scholarship information?

Find more information about College of Business scholarships.

How do I stay informed about College of Business news?

Send an e-mail to to become a member of the College of Business mailing list.

How do I find out about internships?

Internship information is available online and for more information, contact Jane Bessette in Career Connections, or check out Career Connections.

Where can I go for help on campus as an International Student?

Your first stop should be the Office of International Students and Scholars.

What should I do if a personal circumstance is impacting my academic work?

Contact Counseling Services.

When are applications for graduation due and what is the application process?

Go to the Records and Registration graduation web page for more information.

How do I begin the MBA and other graduate programs?

Learn more about admissions process for the MBA program and other graduate programs by visiting each respective programs' admissions page.

University Block N Logo

University of Nevada, Reno

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno,  NV  89557-

(775) 784-1110
Website Help
Contact Us

Accessibility Tools

Emergency Information
Emergency Alerts
Doing business with us