Self-Supporting Budget Timeline
Important Dates for the Self-Supporting Budget Process
If you have not worked with self supporting budgets in the past or feel in need of a refresher, please enroll in one of our training sessions which will be held in Room 114 of the Knowledge Center each spring. Please register at Training.
- February 18, 2015 CBE training 2:00-4:00 Glazner
- February 19, 2015 CBE training 9:00 - 11:00 Glazner
- March 2, 2015 CBE Opens
- March 11, 2015 Self-Supporting Budget Training 2:00 - 4:00 MIKC Lab 114
- March 13, 2015 Self-Supporting Budget Training 10:00 - 12:00 MIKC Lab 114
- April 15, 2015 Merit Due in CBE
- May 1, 2015 Self-supporting budgets due to the Budget Office (MS 118 Clark Administration). Your Vice-President/Dean will likely require them earlier. Budgets must be signed by the respective vice-president, dean, or the dean's designated fiscal officer prior to submission to the budget office.
- May 1, 2015 Preliminary State VP allocations distributed to VP/Colleges
- May 15, 2015 CBE Closes
- June 1, 2015 Final State VP allocations distributed to VP/Colleges
- June 15, 2015 State budgets finalized
- Early each August the Budget Office processes a budget revision on each budgeted account to adjust the budgeted opening cash balance to the actual opening cash balance. The excess or shortfall will increase/reduce the amount budgeted in expense object 79 - ending account balance. If the needed revision cannot be processed, the appropriate college/division budget coordinator will be contacted and requested to process a budget revision.
Please contact the Budget Office at (775) 784-6516 with any questions.